Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

O. M. G.
Since this is listed as a Y.A. book, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.
It's well written, the characters are real, some likeable, some not.  I don't want to spoil that plot.  The whole story wasn't what I expected.... at all.  I began knowing nothing about the book, which is a great way to begin this story.
I didn't realize it was a trilogy until I finished the book and thought, it's over? It ended too soon....  this is one of those books that you hate to finish... thus the trilogy.
and so it begins...

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this book a lot at various book stores and I always think about picking it up but for some reason just don't. I don't really know a whole lot about it and haven't really heard anything about the series but it seems popular since I do see it at the book stores (usually on display)....so it sounds like it is worth a read then :). Maybe next time I'm at the book store I'll pick it up!! Thanks for sharing your awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete