All rules and links for each challenge follow below:
2014 52 Books in 52 Weeks
- Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews - completed 1/4/14 304 pages
- Katherine Hall Paige - The Body in the Piazza completed 1/12/14 352 pages
- Kissing Christmas Goodbye by M.C. Beaton completed 1/19/14 234 pages
- Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss - completed 1/28/14 1008 pages
- Ghost Gone Wild by Carolyn Hart - completed 1/31/14 320 pages
- Diane Mott Davidson - The Whole Enchilada completed 2/2/14 384 pages
- The Pirates Coin - Marianne Malone completed 2/11/14 224 pages
- The Sign of the Beaver - Elizabeth George Speare completed 2/18/14 135 pages
- The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg completed 2/20/14 369 pgs
- Diary of a Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAff completed 2/27/14 362 pages
- Donna Andrews - Duck the Halls completed 3/1/14 320 pages
- The Dead in their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley 3/3/14 310 pages
- Borrower of the Night by Elizabeth Peters completed 3/8/2014 336 pages
- Linda Sue Park - Storm Warning: 39 Clues completed 3/10/14 176 pages
- Hickory Dickory Dock by Agatha Christie completed 3/13/14 224 pages
- Murder as a Second Language by Joann Hess completed 3/16/14 304 pages
- Donna Andrews - The Real Macaw completed 4/1/14 320 pages
- And Then you Dye by Monica Ferris completed 4/4/14 304 pages
- The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society by Darian Gee completed 5/28/14 448 pg
- Bailey Cates - Brownies and Broomsticks completed 6/1/14 336 pages
- Kirsten Gier - Ruby Red completed 6/4/14 352 pages
- Iris Johansen - The Golden Valkyrie completed 6/9/14 304 pages
- Trenton Lee Stewart - The Mysterious Benedict Society completed 6/14/14 512 pg
- Nora Roberts - Dark Witch: completed 6/20/14 368 pages
- The Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Steward completed 7/3/14 464 pages
- Sapphire Blue by Kirsten Gier - post scheduled for 7/6
- Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich - post scheduled for 7/9
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins 352 pages - post scheduled for 7/12
- The Smitten Book Club by Colleen Coble - post scheduled for 7/15
- Jenny Nimmo -Charlie Bone and the Red Knight 423 pages- post scheduled for 7/18
- Victoria Hamilton - A Deadly Grind 288 pages - post scheduled for 7/21
- Susan Wittig Albert-The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree 304 pgs post on 7/24
- Jude Deveraux - Temptation 368 pages - post scheduled for 7/27
- Lavender Morning by Jude Deveraux - post scheduled for 7/30
- Emerald Green by Kirsten Gier - post scheduled for 8/3
Challenge begins January 1, 2014 and ends December 31, 2014
How do you decide what state a book is categorized under?
1. In a fiction read it would be the State or Country that the book spends the most time in. (Ie. If your main character is from Wisconsin but the book is all about his/her time in college in California – the books should categorize under California….)
2. Non fiction reads categorize in whatever State or Country it is about (Ie…. a book about fly fishing in Colorado is a Colorado point, and a book about women in Afghanistan is an Afghanistan point.
3. If the book goes from one state to another… go with the state that most of the time is spent.
How to get started
Set up a map under Google Maps (optional). It is easy to do! Every time you read a book in 2014, upload a cover picture to Picasa Web Albums (there may be other sites to use, feel free to use what works best for you).
Grab the challenge button for your posts and sidebar.
Once you are ready and have your map set up please create a blog post (those who have blogs) using the Challenge picture I provided above as well as link to this post so others may join in. Then come back and link that post here to Mr Linky (below) so I as well as other participants know that you are participating and we can pop in throughout the year to check out your map and how we are all doing. I will post a linky at the end of each month so participants can check in with their own post of how they are doing on their challenges for 2014.
This is actually a fun and easy challenge as all books you read qualify and it will be fun to see where you generally read books from as well as searching out books to fill in areas that you need.
For those who have covered the 50 states by the end of 2014, they will go into a drawing for a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble or to Amazon. ** All other areas beyond the 50 states are bonus points and we will have a drawing ($10 Amazon or B and N gift card) using random.org for those who read 10 or more books throughout 2014 in that category.
Are you ready for another round of Reading 52 books in 52 Weeks? Whether you are just joining in or continuing on for another round, the rules are very simple. The goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks. Make the year easy and casual or kick it up by exploring new to you authors and genres. Challenge yourself to read at least some classics or delve into that chunkster (more than 500 pages) you always wanted to tackle. Do you have books gathering dust on the shelves just waiting to be read? Then now is the time. The goal is to read 52 books. How you get there is up to you.
The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
- Our book weeks begin on Sunday.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2013.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't need a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post to link to reviews of your most current reads.