My book selections:
- A reference to time:
- A position of royalty: Jenny Nimmo -Charlie Bone and the Red Knight 423 pages- post scheduled for 7/18
- A number written in letters: Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich - post scheduled for 7/9
- A forename or names:
- A type or element of weather: Linda Sue Park - Storm Warning: 39 Clues completed 3/10/14 176 pages
The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books you could choose are in brackets):
- A reference to time (Eleven Minutes, Before Ever After)
- A position of royalty (The People’s Queen, The Last Empress, The Curse Of The Pharaoh)
- A number written in letters (The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, A Tale Of Two Cities)
- A forename or names (Rebecca, Eleanor & Park, The Unfinished Work Of Elizabeth D.)
- A type or element of weather (Gone With The Wind, Red Earth Pouring Rain)
Remember the titles I’ve given here are only examples, you can by all means use them if you want to – some are classics after all – but it’s not necessary. There are plenty of other books that will fit the categories and you may have some in mind already or even some on your shelves you can read. I’ve been getting a lot of questions about whether there will be a sixth category – not this year. I realised too late after publishing the post that I hadn’t included a sixth, so as not to confuse everyone we’ll be sticking with five this time around.
- Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
- It’s preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all.
- Books cannot overlap categories (for instance my first example, Eleven Minutes, could be used for category 1 or 3 but not both).
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
- You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
- You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.