Monday, June 6, 2011

Already Home by Susan Mallery

I enjoyed this book so much, I'm sorry it ended the way it did.  I would have enjoyed a series following Jenna the main character.  In fact, all the characters are so lovable I hated to close the book on them.
The story revolves around Jenna, recently divorced and in the midst of an unexpected career change. So her life is already in a state of flux when she’s hit with the sudden appearance of her birth parents who are, to put it mildly, nothing like Jenna’s “real” (aka, adoptive) parents. Jenna was raised in a conservative Texas town by loving but traditional parents. Her birth parents are throwbacks to the 1970s, vegetarian hippies who get messages from "the Universe" and have an unnatural dislike of dairy.
Jenna opens a great kitchen store and I love the focus on her cooking and how Jenna and Violet work together to build a fantastic store that I would love to walk in.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book recently and loved it! I was hooked from page one!

    ReplyDelete