Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ghost NIGHT by Heather Graham

Heather Graham is one of my new favorite authors.  I recently discovered her.  I should have known when I saw her on a Sex and the City episode that her books would be great.  and yet, I hesitated because of the titles.  "They" always say "never" judge a book by its cover..... there you go.

I just finished ghost NIGHT and wasn't disappointed. 
There were plenty of ghosts and pirates and pirate ghosts.  ghost NIGHT is the second installment in the Bone Island trilogy.   Even though there is death and gore they are handled delicately so I don't end up with nightmares.

A slasher movie turns real when two young actors are brutally murdered on a remote island film set. Their severed heads and arms are posed in macabre homage to a nineteenth-century pirate massacre.

Two years later, survivor Vanessa Loren is drawn back to South Bimini by a documentary being made about the storied region. Filmmaker Sean O'Hara can see the unsolved crime haunts her…and Sean knows more than a little about ghosts.

Lured by visions of a spectral figurehead, Vanessa discovers authentic pirate treasures that only deepen the mystery.  As Vanessa and Sean grow closer, the killer prepares to resume the slaughter…unless the ghosts can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment