Sunday, March 4, 2012

Joy For Beginners by Erica Bauermeister

This book was such an unexpected pleasure.  I love how Ms Bauermeister writes.  Even though the story is about struggles and challenges, the road traveled is gentle and soothing.  I don't usually re-read books, but this is one I could easily read again and enjoy just as much the second time.  I highly recommend this to everyone.
At an intimate, festive dinner party in Seattle, six women gather to celebrate their friend Kate's recovery from cancer.

Wineglass in hand, Kate strikes a bargain with them. To celebrate her new lease on life, she'll do the one thing that's always terrified her: white-water rafting. But if she goes, all of them will also do something they always swore they'd never do-and Kate is going to choose their adventures.

The challenge each woman takes on is a perfect fit for her and I ended up wanting to take each challenge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment